httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: RFD: Apache Documentation Project !!
Date Tue, 05 Aug 1997 19:26:48 GMT
Hello Ben Laurie, in a previous mail you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > I vote for 2. and hope there are others who want to help me to do this
> > project. The goals then would be: Try to collect all stuff from htdocs/* and
> > create an Apache Handbook out of it. Then convert the existing FAQ.html to
> > FAQ.sgml for an Apache FAQ. Then try to incorporate more stuff in the future
> > and maintain docs in the new format. And if we do good work, Apache 1.3.X
> > could be shipped with nicer docs....
>
> I like the look of the docs - but what does the source look like? What
> do we need, exactly, to process it?

For the source, look at dev.apache.org:~rse/public_html/ADP/.  The tools I've
already described: SGML-Tools 0.99.14 plus two post-processing Perl scripts
from me which adjust the TeX and HTML output a little bit. Nothing else.  All
this stuff is freely available and very portable (Perl!).

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com