httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Esselink" <eesse...@sirius.com>
Subject Re: localization of apache.org content/apache server
Date Tue, 05 Aug 1997 07:07:14 GMT
> .rc (resource) files for Win32.  The big question is : 1.3 or 2.0 ???
Please do NOT use resource files for server side components. They are great
for Gui tools, but not as usefull for NT services.
For my commercial products i'm using MS's MC  (MC= Message Compiler).
You simply create a text file and based on that compile and link it into
your exe of dll.
The MC tool is part of the DevStudio (VC) compiler.
I have had the localization division create 6 different localized version
of my Us English
.MC file. These where in Japanese, Chinese, french,german, spanish and
italian and I
could compile and link these translated files without any problem on my us
system.

Since i'm writing anyway about the NT Apache, the exe and dll should also
include
version information so that the installer (which i'm building using
InstallShield5) knows
whether to replace or keep the already installed files.
I'll try to make a resource file that includes this version info and upload
it into the ftp
server.