httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@opengroup.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl and exit
Date Mon, 04 Aug 1997 13:34:35 GMT
> I think the reason that Brian asked about subrequests, btw, Doug, is that
> he's concerned about Perl being called twice in a requests, after it's
> been exited. i.e. will the second Perl call still work?

Yes, subsequent calls will work.  The perl_call_halt() function I
showed you, stops the callback, unwinds current context, etc., back to
a point where perl is ready to handle another callback.  So, even
without calling child_terminate(), mod_perl can keep on dishing out
requests after Apache::exit() (which overrides built-in exit()) is
called.

-Doug