httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip A. Prindeville" <phil...@enteka.com>
Subject Re: Bug report(s) (fwd)
Date Sun, 03 Aug 1997 06:30:12 GMT
> Hmmm....I'm not sure how libdb functions would override dbm functionality
> in libc - but that was my point exactly.  Why would the AuthDBMUserFile
> command cause an open to a db file?  Is it possible that there is some
> sort of namespace collision within the mod_auth code that inserts the
> wrong callback?  It doesn't look like there is any problem with libc and
> libdb - all of the dbm routines have names like "dbm_*", whereas the db
> routines start with "db".

At least on Solaris, db-1.85 obscures the symbols of dbm unless
you compile it out explicitly.  Sendmail has the same problem in
that it wants the dbm routines provided by libc (for compatibility
with other utilities like makedbm), but can be linked against libdb
which would normally cause a namespace collision.

See:

	http://www.iicons.com/sendmail/buildme.html

to learn how Sendmail deals with this problem.

-Philip