httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Configure and non-gcc platforms
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 23:41:14 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Configure likes setting -O2 far too much.  In fact, when I want to use a
> different compiler that doesn't grok -O2 I have to work to do so.  Just
> setting CC in Configure doesn't work.  Adding a blank "OPTIM=" line
> doesn't work.  I actually need something on the OPTIM= line that is
> non-blank so Configure won't default to -O2.
>
> Configure should know about what

Would you prefer Configure use a default of -O instead?

Of course setting CC won't change it, because that just sets the compiler.
Setting OPTIM to "blank" reduces to a default, so of course that
wouldn't work.

> Oh, I think it would be cool if helpers/TestLib output error messages to a
> file and then either gave a prompt about where the file was from Configure
> if it failed or automatically displayed it.

Why? I toyed with a '-s' flag to it; By default TestLib would
display all error messages and adding -s to it would make it
silent. I still have that code if it's voted as a +1

> We should also have a way to override the TestLib test that is documented
> in the error message.  Eg. "touch .no-it-isn't-really-broken to override
> the test".

Huh?