httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@opengroup.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/support dbmmanage dbmmanage.readme dbmmanage.new
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 22:51:26 GMT
okay, I just commited the dbmmange stuff.  In addition to what we went
over, after removing dbmmange.new, dbmmange was obsolete.  For now
I've changed dbmmanage.readme to this:

08/01/97 - functionality of dbmmanage and dbmmanage.new are merged,
along with adding some more goodies.

There's a chance dbmmanage along with htpasswd, htdigest could be
replaced by something like the (prototype) script below, which allow
one to add passwords for:

mod_auth
mod_auth_digest
mod_auth_dbm
mod_auth_db
mod_auth_msql
mod_auth_mysql
mod_auth_pg95
Apache::AuthenDBI (mod_perl)

and possibly others provided you have the required Perl modules
installed available from CPAN.

[script here]

---

It's mostly to help folks who want to interface with all these
mod_auth* databases, if you don't think it's worthwhile, we should
just 'cvs remove dbmmange.readme'

-Doug