httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: bsdi --> freebsd
Date Sat, 02 Aug 1997 04:07:16 GMT

My response is a little more positive than the others... :-)

Suggesting replacing the kernel is a total no go, but if the
binaries that you are trying to move are less tightly tied to
kernel memory access, you can probably get away with grabbing a
copy of /usr/local (assuming your changes are localized to that)
installing FreeBSD, and then dumping /usr/local back on the system
with minor pain.

Of course I have been staring at NT all day, so I'm way beyond a
crack addict....