httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <>
Subject RE: Help on Proxy Setup (fwd)
Date Tue, 08 Jul 1997 15:30:59 GMT
(copies to and new-httpd)

> ProxyRequests On
> ProxyRemote *

ProxyRemote is buggy, as I reported in PR656.
mod_proxy sends the request:

  GET /something HTTP/1.1

to the named proxy (eg.

But it should be a proxy request like this:

  GET HTTP/1.1

(the host header is optional).

Chuck Murcko told me some weeks ago that he'll fix it and that this
bug was introduced with the first changes to achieve HTTP/1.1 compliance...
but I think it wasn't fixed for 1.2.1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

> I want the Apache server to forward all the requests coming from any
> internal machine to another proxy server on another machine. The URL
> should not be edited; say should go as it is.
> Also if possible stop any external machine to proxy thru the apache
> server.

I'm afraid you have to wait for a fixed version of mod_proxy.

Lars Eilebrecht

View raw message