httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <Lars.Eilebre...@unix-ag.org>
Subject Re: ifdef APACHE_SSL
Date Sun, 06 Jul 1997 11:09:57 GMT
According to Marc Slemko:

> The other thing to consider is that, completely unrelated to the legal
> issues, a better abstraction would be good.  However, this probably has to
> wait for 2.0.  A good goal would be a completely abstracted setup so the
> SSL could be dropped in as a module.  If it is general enough, then there
> may be nothing to fear legally because they aren't crypto hooks, just
> anything hooks.

This is probably the best idea and maybe also makes it easier to include
other secure protocols like shttp as a module into Apache. BTW, has someone
taken a look at the shttp support in NCSA 1.6beta?

In my humble opinion the risk to get legal problems with any kind of
crypto hooks is extremely low...

Just my $0.02.

ciao...
--