httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Apache + mod_perl on Solaris
Date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 01:16:50 GMT
I recently convinced an extremely high profile site to move from Netscape
Enterprise + Perl CGI's to Apache + mod_perl.  I cannot name the site yet,
but I will announce it here when I can.  Any serious caveats I need to
address when I help these guys make the conversion?  Platform is Ultra-2's
with 512 Megs of RAM in each box with a NetApp file server providing about
250 Gigs of NFS storage.  OS is Solaris 2.5.1.  With Perl 5.004 the
conversion of the CGI scripts appears to be trivial so as long as I have
the server itself well optimized for the load, I am expecting a very clean
switchover.

-Rasmus