httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: ifdef APACHE_SSL
Date Sat, 05 Jul 1997 22:49:58 GMT
> I'm interested in starting a discussion about putting some of these
> hooks back in. I think things have cooled sufficiently that we
> could do this.

We've discussed this briefly before.  As far as I understand things, the
decision should be Brian's since the code would be available from his
server.  He would be the only person taking any sort of risk.  However, I
think the risk is non-existant.  I don't realistically see anybody going
after someone like the Apache Group for this with all the talk about
abolishing those export restrictions and courts refusing to uphold the
bogus law.  I say go for it.  I would love to see a mod_ssl with
appropriate hooks in standard Apache for it to work.

-Rasmus