httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject [PROXY] Question about 1.2.0 and username/password in URLs (fwd)
Date Mon, 28 Jul 1997 07:03:42 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 20:00:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Philip A. Prindeville" <philipp@enteka.com>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Subject: Question about 1.2.0 and username/password in URLs

I recently installed 1.2.0 on a Sparc 5 running Solaris 2.5.1 to use
as a caching proxy server because I needed to test different TCP
performance envelopes (in an RF modem environment).

Anyway, I noticed right away that URLs like:

	http://pprindeville:password@cio.cisco.com/common/find_home.shtml

stopped working (it was in my bookmarks).

I was wondering why the proxy can't parse this URL...  browsing
the module/proxy sources, I see that proxy_ftp.c seems to handle
these, but proxy_connect.c (or whatever) doesn't.

Looking at proxy_util.c, the proxy_canon_netloc() code seems to
handle username/password pairs, but proxy_http_canon() doesn't
allow these which seems strange.  Anyone have a patch for this?

Please copy me on any reply.

Thanks,

-Philip