httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject To starve or not to starve (Starving sockets bug) (fwd)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:21:40 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:16:47 +0600
From: "Gerald D. Anderson" <gander@voyager.netcomi.com>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: To starve or not to starve (Starving sockets bug)

Hey folks,

  Had kind of a quick question.  We are currently running apache on PPro 200s
runing Linux 2.0.(29,30).  We have between 300-700 virtual sites per machine
(34 machines).  Problem is that we are seeing a problem very similar to the
starving sockets issue (PR#467), however when I examine the src/conf.h the
serialized accept parm. is defined by default for Linux.  My question is, that
if serialized accept is defined is that a DEFINATE that we are not seeing the
exact same problem( which sounds the case to me), or is there some way we
could still be seeing the same starving sockets issue.  The symptom is servers
seeming to randomly quit servicing a port.

If I can be of any other assistance, please let me know.  Otherwise thanks!

Gerald Anderson
Sys Admin.
Netcom Interactive
(972)481-2972