httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [NEWTOY] mod_mmap.c v0.01
Date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:11:05 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>

> > See the source code for tunables... benchmark, report bugs to me.  The
> > tunables will be different for every architecture I'm guessing.  I didn't
> > test the range support, or the content-md5 support.  Tell me what
> > architectures it compiles and works on.
>
> With a very simple test on Solaris x86 using ZeusBench (single client
> simulating multiple connections, gets a single file) I saw no difference
> between the two on a 1k file, but on a 50k file

I just noticed that on bwrites < 4k it's still copying them to the buffer.
This is probably still desirable ... so it means that the threshhold
should be set at least as large as the default bufsize in buff.c.  I just
committed a minor fix to the heuristic in bwrite().

Cool results on 50k files though.

Dean