httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.2 (Wed 30-Jul-1997 09:39 MET DST)
Date Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:18:53 GMT

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>

> > At any rate, the key thing we need to do in 1.2.2 is the solaris fix and
> > we're still not sure of the best fix.  Marc, has my latest test program
> > passed on your system?
>
> I think so, but I need to look at it further.  If you were bored I could
> give you a shell on the Solaris x86 box (it is just a test box right now),
> but I don't know that that would be useful.
>
> I'm trying to find some time to look at it further.

Nevermind.  I just moved SO_REUSEADDR before the dup, and kill -HUP still
screws up.  It probably has to do with children not exiting fast enough.
At this point I just want to say "too bad for you users of solaris < 2.6".
Let's use my recently posted patch (disabling ap_slack for sockets) for
1.2.2.  For 1.3 it just needs to be tweaked to look for SOLARIS2 >= 260.

Dean