httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Apache 1.2.2 (Wed 30-Jul-1997 09:39 MET DST)
Date Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:29:21 GMT

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>     o more merging from 1.3 htdocs, but only stuff which is valid for Apache 1.2.2

If you look at the docs files you'll notice they all have a tag
dg_last_1_2_doc_merge.  That's the last rev that I've done a merge
against.  For a while I was just able to do:

    cd to_a_1_2_working_copy/htdocs
    cvs update -j dg_last_1_2_doc_merge -j 1
    resolve conflicts
    cvs commit

    cd to_a_1_3_working_copy/htdocs
    cvs update
    cvs tag -F dg_last_1_2_doc_merge

But that became a pain when the real 1.3 documentation started appearing.
That's when I just started queueing up all the 1.3 doc changes comming
across apache-cvs which were relevant to 1.2.  You can apply apache-cvs
mail directly as a patch (patch notices the two spaces of indentation and
strips them, I love patch).

At the moment the only thing left in that queue is the FAQ change that Ken
did yesterday.

If you want to make sure I didn't miss anything you could do something
like the update above followed by a diff... and then edit the diff so
that it contains only hunks that apply to 1.3 and then patch -R it.

>     o checking of the 1.3 commit logs for finding still missing bugfix only patches
>       which should also be applied to 1.2.2

I think I nailed most of these.  But it's still worth a check.

At any rate, the key thing we need to do in 1.2.2 is the solaris fix and
we're still not sure of the best fix.  Marc, has my latest test program
passed on your system?

Dean