httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: solaris HUP blues
Date Thu, 24 Jul 1997 08:06:00 GMT
We could really hack around SOLARIS2 < 260 by doing:

- open log files
- open LOW_SLACK_LINE copies of /dev/null
- open sockets
- close the /dev/null crud

Or we could just make it NO_SLACK and say "tough... if you can do without
SIGHUP then edit conf.h and undef NO_SLACK".

We could beg your Sun contact for the necessary streams code to "properly"
do the dup ;)

Remember that we can just reorder operations on SOLARIS2 < 260 and leave
everyone else with the current order, which seems to be working fine.  If
you've found an order that works, I'm game for this.

Dean