httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: solaris HUP blues
Date Thu, 24 Jul 1997 05:50:36 GMT
Oh my gawd, we use SO_REUSEADDR?  For some reason I've never noticed that.
This of course means that if a site tries to run a server on a port >=
1024 that any old user can share the port with the server.  Not that
there's not other problems with high-numbered ports ... but just an
observation.

So you think the slack should just be moved after all the option settings?
Somehow I figured that'd be more dangerous.

Dean