httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: after you finish shooting me...
Date Mon, 21 Jul 1997 17:37:54 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org> wrote:
>
> > Well if we do it now then we get to hear module authors scream about 5
> > betas from now when they start trying 1.3.  In or around when one of the
> > other Great Schemes gets done is an ok time too... but there's no way I'm
> > generating a patch for this, it'll be huge and there's no way I want to do
> > it twice.  I want permission beforehand to stick static in front of
> > hundreds of functions.
>
> Can we scream now?  I don't think it's a good idea to static-ize
> until/unless clean "public" API access is given to certain pieces you
> plan to make private.  To give you an idea of how much my head would
> hurt:

Well at a minimum I want to staticize the modules.  Some of them cloud the
global namespace in ways that scare me.

BTW, mod_perl would be justified in defining CORE_PRIVATE and getting
those definitions from http_core.h... we just need to add them to
http_core.h.

I'd be happy trying to figure out what of that other stuff needs to be
prototyped.  How about you mail me your list of prototypes and lemme see
if I can figure out something clean?

> const char *limit (cmd_parms *cmd, void *dummy, const char *arg);

I changed this to limit_section to avoid various local-shadows-global
warnings.

Dean