httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject after you finish shooting me...
Date Mon, 21 Jul 1997 05:58:09 GMT
for the huge commit I just did to clean up most of the warnings from "gcc
-Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs" ...

Would anyone mind if I started the Great Staticification of Apache ?

That is, I want to pass "gcc -Wmissing-prototypes".  Any function which
isn't prototyped in a header file is almost certainly not part of the API,
and shouldn't be global.

I want "nm -g mod_foobar.o" to yield a single global -- the module
structure.  (proxy excepted.)

Oh yeah and I won't even start on -Wwrite-strings.  That one is really
hopeless.  That one is the difference between using const *and really
meaning it*, and just using const as a documentation aid.

Dean