httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: fetching from-cvs
Date Wed, 16 Jul 1997 18:41:10 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> Does ssh allow you to control what commands the user can execute? I'd be
> worried about giving an anonymous user access to a tool designed to open
> a shell.

Yup you can restrict the commands quite easily.  The canonical example is
allowing ssh to root from your tape machine and issuing only the dump
command.

> Or we could just make sure pserver is safe. :)

There's also cvsup, but until/unless there's binaries for more than just
freebsd it's probably not a good option.  To build it requires you also to
build DEC's modula-3 package.  Lot's o' work.

Brian how do you feel about setting up the cvsread thing that Rasmus
posted?

Dean