httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Re-org
Date Mon, 14 Jul 1997 02:19:56 GMT
Yup, you duplicate the tree into a new toplevel directory.  Then within
that you can happily move around ,v files and make directories and do
whatever you want.

You don't need to edit CVSROOT/modules.

Once you've rearranged it you should just be able to cvs checkout a copy
of the new repository.  Make sure you like it, and then start doing the
next steps you need to do.  At any time you can blow away your new
hierarchy and start over (blow away any working copies too).

Please please post us a list of pairs "oldname newname" though, preferably
rooted above src.  i.e.:

    src/mod_autoindex.c src/default/mod_autoindex.c

Then for anyone whose working copy of 1.3 has no partial work in it, they
might as well just blow away that old working copy, and check out a new
one from the new module.

For those who have a working copy of 1.3 with partial work in it, do
something like this:

    cd apache
    cvs diff -Nu >../my-work.patch
    cd ..
    cvs checkout apachen  (or whatever we decide the module name is)
    cd apachen
    awk '{print "s#^Index: " $1 "#Index: " $2 "#"}' ../rename-list \
	| sed -f - ../my-work.patch | patch -s

Essentially you generate a patch, then rename all the Index: oldname to
Index: newname, and apply that patch to the new tree.  patch should take
care of the rest ...

I would offer to do it, but I'm too busy for the next week.

Dean