httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: What constitutes a true API change
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 22:20:24 GMT
On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I do imagine some possible modules that enable handlers that do things
> and may want to adjust the child status, but that's stretching it :)

The status has significance in the unix model only.  It has a different
significance in the NT model, it's similar, but different.  And it could
change completely without affecting how modules are written ... I'm of
the opinion that the scoreboard isn't really part of the API and that
mod_status is really "undocumented Apache".

Dean