httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: HUPs under Solaris
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 21:43:41 GMT
On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > Grr.  You can do "socket, dup, bind" once, but not twice (yep everything
> > is closed in between).  Nothing else seems to have this problem.  I tested
> > this with a tiny test program.
> Any ideas why?  Interesting part is that it gives "invalid argument".
> Unless there is some structure we are using that it is messing with and
> we aren't resetting it properly...

I eyeballed the struct sockaddr_in, and it looked the same in both calls.
This really feels like a problem with the streams layer interaction.  Anyone
have access to 2.6 that can try it out?

Incidentally, the box I was doing it on was running nscd, I wonder if that
interacts at all with the servername problem you were having.  I have
access to boxes with and without nscd, I can try without later and see if
it changes anything.

> If you don't get a chance, I have a person or two there involved with
> networking that I could try bugging...

If you've got a contact there then give them a try.  I don't officially
have any support contract with Sun and I couldn't find a damn place to get
a bugid for this ... if I could get a bugid I do know people to pass it
to, but I couldn't get to step #1.

View raw message