httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES alloc.c alloc.h http_protocol.c http_protocol.h mod_cgi.c util_script.c util_script.h
Date Sun, 06 Jul 1997 23:34:46 GMT
I would rather not go to the voting system yet.  Perhaps I haven't made
myself clear in the past:  I feel completely constrained to the point of
uselessness at times when working on Apache.  I have had over the past
four weeks, A LOT OF FREE TIME, but much of it has been spent bickering
about things rather than implementing something.  There is crap that I
would implement (like the <Directory> performance enhancements requiring
slight semantic changes in obscure portions of the semantics), but I fear
that it will get voted down.

That's a larger change than "HostnameLookups off" or "setlocal("",NULL)"
in my opinion.

We are not in feature freeze.
We are not in feature freeze.
We are not in feature freeze.
We are not in feature freeze.
We are not in feature freeze.
We are not in feature freeze.

Next monday I start a new full-time job.  So all that free time I had is
over with, and it's too bad.  The problem with Apache is that if I do have
free time and write something, I probably have to defend it for a week or
two afterwards before it would be introduced into the server.

I've still got dozens of messages to read from this weekend, so I have no
idea where people are on the "1.3 status" thread.  But many of those
things, and the suspended PRs are Good Things that would suck to get
caught in the terminal hell of voting here.

How many submitters mention "I submitted this against 1.0.5, 1.1, and 1.2,
please please accept it this time"?

Dean