httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Hmm... more on DLL modules
Date Wed, 09 Jul 1997 19:40:39 GMT
On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Paul Sutton wrote:
> > I was under the definite impression that variables could be exported.
> > It is certainly documented in the VC5 online help pages. Maybe the
>
> It is? I looked all over the place, and didn't see anything about
> variables. Could you give me a specific page I could look at?
>
> I still think we should get rid of global variables, though.

... but not necessarily constants, such as the list of month names.

Anyway, in the infoviewer, either search for dllimport, or go to the
following section:

Developer Products
 Visual C++
  C/C++ Language and C++ Libraries
   C Language Reference
    Functions
     C Function Definitions
      DLL Import and Export Functions
       Definitions and Declarations

(and subsequent sections under "DLL Import...."). This section includes
the text below. The DLL interface is defined as "functions and data"  and
the example shows an int being exported and imported.

//pcs

----

The DLL interface refers to all items (functions and data) that are known
to be exported by some program in the system; that is, all items that are
declared as dllimport or dllexport.

[...]

DllExport int i = 10;        /* Okay: this is an export definition. */"

[...]

extern DllImport int k;   /* These are correct and imply */
Dllimport int j;          /* a declaration. */