httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: suspended PRs
Date Wed, 09 Jul 1997 08:41:49 GMT
On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> 41	Diffs to add relational (<,>,<=,>=) string tests to mod_include.
+1

> 73	reporting of referer in error_log
+1 with a new patch

> 78	Additional status for XBitHack directive
>     Adds "XBitHack FullNegated" to invert the meaning of xbithack full.
+0 I don't believe in xbithack

> 537	mod_access syntax allows hosts that should be restricted
>     Require a leading . to cause wildcarding.  i.e.  .foobar.com is
>     wildcarded, but foobar.com isn't.
+1 on concept, but -1 on using this patch which would cause lots of
compatibility problems.  We need a new syntax to distinguish where partial
matching is disallowed. How about making the hostname a regex, or would
that be too slow?

> 759	imap should read <MAP><AREA>*</MAP> too!
>     mod_imap needs a total rewrite (see PR#7 for example).  But this is
>     a good feature.
+1 on rewrite or this patch

> +0:
> 258	I would like to do: ln -s http://www.somesite.org/foo.html foo.html
> 	and have it work.
>     I'm not 100% against this, but I don't like it.  It doesn't
>     really add anything imho.
+1 we already treat the file system like a database for storing content
and URL mappings, so why not add this?

> 557	~UserHome directories are not honored in absolute pathname requests
> 	(.htaccess)
>     The patch presented makes pfopen() grok ~ expansions.  I'm not sure
>     this is a Good Thing.  But what the user is attempting to do is
>     useful.
+1 on the idea

> 385	Support for comment area in active configuration lines
>     The patch is broken.  Consider <Files ~ /#>, used to match files
>     beginning with #.
-1

//pcs