httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Source re-org / Don't Panic
Date Mon, 28 Jul 1997 18:59:31 GMT
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Fine, then I will start as the Apache 1.2.2 "release engineer" now.  First,
> please put all patches and stuff which is not already comitted to 1.3 into
> dev.apache.org:~/rse/ap122/. I'll sort them and update your [STATUS] 1.2.2
> message for voting.

I don't think you get off that easy :) Dean provided the message-IDs
or PR numbers of all the patches, you now have go through the archives
and find them.

> Second, we must be careful. Last time someone says that after the source reorg
> the "apachen" replaces "apache" under $CVSROOT. This is ok but only when we
> move "apache" to "apacheo". Because "apachen" currently does not contain the
> old ,v files. So we are unable to checkout the APACHE_1_2 branch from this
> area. Please be care, do not delete the current "apache". Only move it to
> "apacheo" or other name inside $CVSROOT.

Untrue. At least, to some degree. The files are copies of the apache
tree, so they do contain all the log data.. However, they're in
different places. So you can checkout the APACHE_1_2_x branch, it just
won't work.

Are we sure we want to reorganize the tree by moving the RCS files?
cvs delete/add, while it does erase the log messages, at least lets
you keep the historical branches intact.

Oh, and btw, Paul... you're going to have to redo apachen or
something, I think, when we decide to move it over to apache, because
it's out of date with relationship to the current tree. But I assume
you know that.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>