httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: documentation stuff
Date Thu, 24 Jul 1997 05:25:48 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Stanley Gambarin wrote:

[...]

>     and/or connections. Any module that deals with memory allocation
>     routines should include alloc.h.

Haven't read the rest of this yet, but I had to point out one thing:
Nothing should ever include alloc.h. Except httpd.h. Modules should
include httpd.h, which includes alloc.h, conf.h, and some other
things. Apache does not have protection against including a header
file multiple times, so if a module included alloc.h, it would result
in errors galore.

On that note... I recently noticed (for the first time, apparently, in
nearly two years), that when writing a module, one has to include a
lot of header files. Is it really neccessary for the module to have to
specify that it wants (as mod_cgi.c does) httpd.h, http_config.h,
http_request.h, http_core.h, http_protocol.h, http_main.h, http_log.h
and util_script.h?

Would it really hurt anything to have the http_*.h files at least just
included by httpd.h?