httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: htdocs/apache_pb.gif scrambled?
Date Sat, 12 Jul 1997 08:01:19 GMT
On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> On Win95 the htdocs version is 2331 bytes and the icons version is the
> correct 2326 bytes.  A diff of the 'od -c' output from each is incredibly
> enough clean.  Oh well, one never knows what this beast of an OS is doing.

I ran into the same problem when I started using NT: 2326 is the
length of the GIF file. 2331 is the length of the GIF file if you
translate Unix linefeeds to DOS linefeeds. GIFs don't work too well
when all the LFs get a CR added in front of them.

Fix that, and your problems should magically disappear.