httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Gambarin <>
Subject Re: code cleanup (2)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 1997 20:14:53 GMT

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > 	- note_cleanups_for_[fd|socket] should not be exported.
> Nope, it's an exported function used in lots of places.  It's needed to
> implement some cleanups for resources not implemented in alloc.c.
	These functions are called from popenf() series of functions.
IMO, the only interface to the module developers should be a call to
popenf() function, not direct interface with the cleanup routines.  Also,
it would be a good idea to create a popensocket() routine to complement
pclosesocket() routine.

> > 	- note_subprocesses() - also should not be exported.
> The same, if a module forks something because it needs functionality
> spawn_child doesn't offer ... it needs a way to request a cleanup of it.
> I suppose the module could just write its own cleanup routine.
	If module can not use Apache provided API, it is up to the module
to handle the resources, not apache.

> > (d)	Memory pool stuff
> > 	- pstrcat() will return a character (with undefined value) if no
> > arguments are specified.  It should instead return NULL.
> Definately a bug.
	Patch coming up by tomorrow unless someone beats me.

View raw message