httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: ApacheModulePerl.dll
Date Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:01:14 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com> wrote:

> > > Here's a patch that does the rest ...
> >
> > I am curious to know why these three are needed. Especially the last
> > two. These seem to me things that should really stay internal to
> > http_request.c, and shouldn't ever leave.
>
> If a Perl script calls exit() we want to log_transaction() before
> bailing out.  translate_name() was used before I stumbled onto the
> sub-request mechanism.

Why would you need to call log_transaction? I'm not familiar with how
mod_perl works, but shouldn't the Apache request pass on to the logging
phase, as it does after every other type of request?

I'm concerned here, because there may be other things added to the
request after the handler besides logging.

[...]

> In reality, mod_perl-win32 doesn't need these 3, I just sent a list in
> of ones that I needed to #ifdef WIN32 work-around.

It it doesn't need them, I see no reason to export them...

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>