httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Whoa! It works!
Date Tue, 15 Jul 1997 18:48:18 GMT
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > I think it's better to go through the .h files, and tag the ones that
> > we
> > think are API functions, and then if we miss any, fix them when a
> > module
> > needs them.
>
> Feel free.

Okay, I will :)

[...]

> > bytes_in_pool()
> > bytes_in_free_blocks()
>
> Are bytes_in_* global APIs?

I think so. They're not used anywhere, so what other purpose could they
be for? If I have a pool, and I want to check its memory usage, I'd use
these, right?

The way I approach the alloc and buff stuff is that they aren't really
module API, but a general useful utility API. A module, for example,
would not use the b* functions to output a response (that's what the r*
functions are for), but might use them to set up its own TCP stream of
some sort.

[...]

> > add_module()
> > add_named_module()
> > clear_module_list()
> > find_module_name()
> > find_linked_module()
>
> Glurk!

*shrug* Modules can mess with the module list. mod_dld. mod_dll. mod_info
(to a degree).

> > ind()
> > rind()
>
> Aren't these two macros?

Apparantly not. Lines 1119 through 1135 of util.c

> > scoreboard.h:
> > sync_scoreboard_image()
> > get_scoreboard_info()
> > exists_socreboard_image()
>
> ???

mod_status and related modules. Note that I didn't include the functions
that might *change* the scoreboard, just those that read it.

[...]

> > send_size()
>
> ??

Don't quite know what it does, but mod_include and mod_autodir use it.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>