httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Adding a connexion-handler hook
Date Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:55:37 GMT
On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> > The word is connection, by the way :)
>
> Are all threads recurring?  <g>  We have been through this before...

Of course they are. Some of us haven't written an actual email to
new-httpd in years. I have a cron job that sends off email I sent to the
list back in 1995, once an hour. You're the first to notice :)

> The word is connexion if you feel like spelling it that way.  Honest, it
> is in the dictionary.  Although some would claim it went out of style
> several thousand years ago...

Ah. But I wasn't saying that connexion wasn't a word, just that it wasn't
the correct word. Apache uses connection exclusively, all throughout the
source. So a "connexion-handler" phase would be incorrect, as Apache
doesn't handle connexions, just connections.

Yeah... that's what I meant. :)

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>