httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: 1.3a1
Date Tue, 15 Jul 1997 01:21:27 GMT
On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > If/when we announce it to apache-announce we need to be very careful about
> > cautioning folks on its use.  We should also announce it on various
> > NT-programming specific newsgroups.
> My suggestions is don't announce a1 much at all (you have to announce it
> somehow, but not widely), then wait a few days or a week to see if there
> are any huge problems.  If not, announce more widely.

So the plan looks something like this:

1. Sometime this week (maybe), build a 1.3a1 source package. Put a
   message on announcing it, being very cautious about the
   wording. ("This is still prerelease software, but anyone wishing to
   try out Apache with Windows or the new Unix features may use it at
   their own risk.") Don't announce anywhere else.

2. If it seems to work for people, maybe in another few weeks we'll
   release an 1.3a2, with an Windows-binary version as well. Announce this to
   all the normal places. This would be a "not-done" release, but with a
   Windows port we feel works pretty well.

3. Soon after that, declare a feature freeze and release 1.3b1. Normal
   rules apply, plus Windows binary for each beta release.

-- Alexei Kosut <>

View raw message