httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES http_protocol.c
Date Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:58:45 GMT
On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Roy Fielding wrote:

>   + /* finalize_request_protocol must be called by a module after it sends
>   +  * a response body.  It's sole purpose is to send the terminating
>   +  * protocol information for any wrappers around the response message body
>   +  * (i.e., transfer encodings).  It should have been named finalize_response.
>   +  */

No! finalize_request_protocol() should *never* be called by a module. It
should only be called from http_request.c and http_protocol.c.

And that's not its sole purpose. It's there to do anything the HTTP spec
requires needs to be done after the entity of the response has been
sent. If we had any footer headers to send, for example, we'd send them
there.

-1 on that comment.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>