httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: ABOUT_APACHE on WWW.Apache.Org
Date Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:57:11 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Gary Wisniewski wrote:

> Is there a reason why new-httpd is a mailing list instead of a quasi-private
> news server?  I am new here, and have lots of expertise and time to
> contribute.    But, the mailing list is so (wonderfully) active, that
> finding the
> right "thread" where my time would be most well spent and useful is
> quite difficult.  In fact, I try to keep a low-profile rather than clutter
> the mailing list with
> "newbie" junk.
>
> It appears that there is a relatively stable core group that's been around
> for a while, and that in the presence of a larger group of contributors, a
> single list may become somewhat overwhelming to newcomers and
> old time residents as well.

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the oven :) I, for one, as an
active developer, like having all the mail come right to my mailbox. News
is a pain for this sort of thing.

Get a threaded mail agent that supports some sort of filtering, and you
shouldn't have much of a problem.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>