httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject MULTITHREAD and scoreboard (Windows)
Date Tue, 08 Jul 1997 22:54:16 GMT
I'm slightly confused. I've been examining the scoreboard code used by
Apache with Windows. It contains the following comment:

 * In the multithreaded mode, have multiple threads - not multiple
 * processes that need to talk to each other. Just use a simple
 * malloc. But let the routines that follow, think that you have
 * shared memory (so they use memcpy etc.)

Sure enough, the functions that follow don't contain any of the
complexity of the Unix versions. It just allocates some memory for a
scoreboard. However, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't Apache still fork out
several processes? So shouldn't is still have the multi-process
scoreboard stuff?

Maybe I've missed something. Does anyone know?

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>