httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: What constitutes a true API change
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 22:20:24 GMT
On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Specifically, let's say I wanted to change the arguments for
> update_child_status() and add another parameter to that... It's
> _possible_ but unlikely that outside modules may need to be aware of
> that change, but it's also possible some would (for some reason)...
> So would that be an API change?

It's an API change if it affects an API function, structure, variable,
etc... Of course, we don't have a complete published spec for the API, so
sometimes this is hard to tell. update_child_status() doesn't seem like
something a module should be calling, does it? I'd say it's not part of
the module API.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>