httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: ABOUT_APACHE on WWW.Apache.Org
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:52:14 GMT
On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>     I think the ABOUT_APACHE file should be accessible from
>     WWW.Apache.Org.  Unfortunately, that makes things a bit dicey, since
>     it lives under the apache module, not apache-site.
>
>     So.. should it remain unavailable as it is now?  Should it be copied
>     into apache-site (with the potential sync headaches that would
>     entail)?  Or is there some weird unknown-to-me CVS incantation that
>     can maintain a single file in another module's directory?

I'm not sure ABOUT_APACHE should go onto the site exactly as-is, but I see
no problem with having two different copies of the same file (probably one
in HTML and one in text) - the root-level CHANGES file in the Apache
distribution are the same as the /docs/whats_new* files, for example.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>