httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3
Date Thu, 03 Jul 1997 21:14:03 GMT
On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> It's never too early.  We want a beta out on the 15th right?  So next week
> I want to stuff a lot of the pending features in.  I don't want them to
> miss 1.3 ... we could hold off feature freeze until Aug 15, and just get
> some betas out there to decrease the NT bug fix cycle.

Maybe an "alpha" release on the 15th?

One thing that's sorely missing from the NT version (which is the
main reason for 1.3, if I recall correctly) is documentation; how to
compile, install, configure, that sort of thing. Since most Windows owners
don't have compilers, we should release a binary-without-source version of
each release. We should come up with detailed instructions on how to do
that (as we do for creating Unix distrbutions and Unix binaries).

As Brian mentioned, I've been working on making modules work with Apache
as DLLs, which would allow addition of modules in binary form without
recompilation. But it would also affect everything I mentioned in the
first paragraph.

I think rather than saying we should definitely have a beta on the 15th,
we should work towards getting to a point where a beta could be ready on
the 15th, but not neccesarily having one at that date if it's not

-- Alexei Kosut <>

View raw message