httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: anonymous CVS access
Date Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:41:57 GMT
On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, sameer wrote:

> 	I agree with Marc's fears. There are tons of people with
> accounts on hyperreal. While Brian probably trusts them, they may be
> logging in over unencrypted connections, their password could get
> snagged, someone could break in, get root, and then insert a security
> hole into Apache.

That reminds me, one of my plans (hey, don't laugh... I do eventually get
around to doing some of these) which could fit in with anoncvs access on
another box (hey, back to the subject of the thread) is doing an external
diff of the repository and monitoring it for changes.

Any changes which are slipped in could then hopefully be noticed.