httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Source re-org / Don't Panic
Date Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:33:52 GMT
On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> If 2.0 promises to use as a starting point the 1.3 base, then I'm +1 on
> that idea. Those more knowledgable than I, though, seem to indicate that
> 2.0 should be a complete rewrite. If so, then I'm -1.  --

Unless someone jumps up and works magic, I would suggest that 2.0 source
tree should be based on the 1.3 tree.  It may completely diverge later, it
may not, but I think it would help development a lot to have something
that somewhat works that can be fixed in clear steps, even if the steps
involve scrapping huge chunks of code.