httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: tabs
Date Sun, 20 Jul 1997 18:35:09 GMT
On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> And why am I complaining about this?  Well because in my experience tabs
> will always creep into files, they're more "natural" somehow than whacks

vi foo
:set ai
:set list
i        this
that<ESC>

The line with that on will probably have a tab in front of it.  This makes
it very annoying to keep tabs out.  There are workarounds, but I don't
like them.  My best solution is %!expand since it avoids messing up other
things I like, but it is annoying and easy to forget.

I like tabs, but unlike Dean think more along the lines of coding so that
things line up nicely no matter what people set their ts to.  That does,
however, cause problems on projects with lots of developers using
different environments.