httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: PUT method (was Re: User Root Frontpage Fun)
Date Mon, 14 Jul 1997 02:38:41 GMT
On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:
>
> > On one of the servers I maintain I implemented PUT with a combination
> > of suexec, an old putscript (originally written for the cern httpd) and
> > mod_auth_sys. Well, it works (at least for PUT, not DELETE), but it's
> > somewhat awful, because I need to install a putscript-binary into
> > every users web-directory and need a <Directory> and <Files> section
> > for every user...
>
> Can't you just use wildcarded or regex'd <Directory>/<Files> sections?

With suexec you need the binary that is to be run as the user to be owned
by the user.  That means you need a seperate binary for each user.  That
means you need a seperate script for your Script directive.  That means ou
that means you need a seperate section; we would need something like:

<Directory /~(.*)/.*>
Script PUT /~$1/putscript.cgi
</Directory>