httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: apache api documentation
Date Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:31:53 GMT
On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> I don't think that core functions need to be documented. If people can't
> figure it out, they shouldn't be messing with it :) Well, maybe not. But
> I think it's much more important to identify and specify the module
> API. If you want to spend your time doing this, that'd be great, although
> you'll probably get some of it wrong - I know I would. There's some weird
> stuff in there :)

General comment: more things in the source should be documented.  I would
be happy with every function having a comment with documentation.  One of
the many problems I run into when debugging things, is that very few
functions are documented as working _any_ way; they just do something
which sometimes is something like what something that calls it somewhere

View raw message