httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Is HARD_SERVER_LIMIT necessary?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 1997 16:31:54 GMT
It could and should be gotten rid of iff you can do it in an efficient and
clean way.  Note that in the 1.3 source tree, the scoreboard stuff in
http_main.c, stat_buffer in mod_status.c, and servers in httpd.h are the
only places where anything more than a trivial effort would be required to
get rid of it.

Note that this would also require some changes to the scoreboard file,
which could be difficult on some OSes with broken mmaps (ie. growing
mmaped regions) and with gracefull restarts (the structure will change
without child processes knowing about it).

If you look at doing a patch, be sure to do it against 1.3 since some
things have changed in that area.