httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES alloc.c alloc.h http_protocol.c http_protocol.h mod_cgi.c util_script.c util_script.h
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 00:03:08 GMT
On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I would rather not go to the voting system yet.  Perhaps I haven't made
> myself clear in the past:  I feel completely constrained to the point of
> uselessness at times when working on Apache.  I have had over the past
> four weeks, A LOT OF FREE TIME, but much of it has been spent bickering
> about things rather than implementing something.  There is crap that I
> would implement (like the <Directory> performance enhancements requiring
> slight semantic changes in obscure portions of the semantics), but I fear
> that it will get voted down.

While I agree with your concerns, I am more concerned about a whole
load of stuff going in that isn't clearly thought out or unified.

My preferred way of working on 1.3 right now is to submit patches
other than trivial things to the list for voting, give people
a while to look them over, but then go ahead and commit even if you
don't end up with 3 +1s.

View raw message