httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: ifdef APACHE_SSL
Date Sat, 05 Jul 1997 19:57:40 GMT
On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > This is before my time, but I thought that ifdef APACHE_SSL things could
> > not be in the main source tree because the US gov't is stupid.
>
> Possibly so, though ifdefs in mod_rewrite do not a secure server make...

My recollection (odd how I can recall things I wasn't here for... hmm...
perhaps I should get my head examined) was that including such ifdefs
could be considered hooks for cryptography and thus illegal to export from
the US even though they don't do a darn thing by themself...

Now I remember why I don't live in the US.  <g>