httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] 1.3
Date Thu, 03 Jul 1997 21:02:03 GMT
On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> At 11:32 PM 7/2/97 -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >It's never too early.  We want a beta out on the 15th right?  So next week
> >I want to stuff a lot of the pending features in.  I don't want them to
> >miss 1.3 ... we could hold off feature freeze until Aug 15, and just get
> >some betas out there to decrease the NT bug fix cycle.
>
> +1 on that idea.  I really want to see modules available as .dll's so
> binary distributions will be really empowered, and Alexei's working on
> that, but it might not make first beta, which I'm cool with.  Of course I'd
> also like to see a mod_asp and mod_isapi, but that's probably unrealistic
> in our time frame :)

I am very concerned about my suspicion that there is a whole bunch of code
that isn't MT safe but it just isn't being seen due to low load.

> >  * mod_log_config patch for conditional logging
>
> Yeah, conditions gets into the whole config file proposed syntax issue...

But there are still some very useful things that can be done, without
much hassle.  I would be prepared to +1 some extensions to mod_log_config
to allow picking and choosing of what things to log, but that would
depend on a good implementation that made sense.

> >  * status module available from .htaccess files; Ken posted patch
>
> ???

If you have a handler like server-status and allow people to use
directives like SetHandler, anyone can make a page using that
handler, negating any restrictions you want placed on it.